TCT PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Your privacy is important to us. We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
The Colinton Tunnel endorses fully and adheres to the eight principles of data protection as follows:
- data is processed fairly and lawfully
- data is only be obtained for specified and lawful purposes
- data is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- data is accurate and up to date
- data is not be kept for longer than necessary
- data is processed in accordance with the “data subject’s” (the individual’s) rights
- data is securely kept
- data is not be transferred to any other country without adequate protection in place.
Why we collect information
We collect information from visitors to our website to help us understand how the site is used and to send out information to you when you have requested it.
Information we collect
We record and store information about all visits made to the TCT website. This information will not identify you; it may include:
- which pages are being visited
- how visitors arrive at the website
- which browsers and operating systems visitors use
- the internet domain and IP address visitors use to access the website.
If you have a Google account and have previously logged into it on the device you are using to access our website, we may collect information from Google such as your age group, gender and interests. We can't and don't link this information to you or use it to identify you.
If you request information or wish to opt in to email updates you may need to provide us with personal details such as your email address, name, address or telephone number.
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer. We use a number of different cookies on our website. We use them to give you a better experience or to help us learn what we are doing well and where we can improve.
We hope you will be happy for us to use these cookies but, if not, please take one of the following actions:
- Delete our cookies after visiting the website (you can set your browser to delete all cookies when you close it).
- Make sure your web browser is set up to reject cookies and/or to let you browse anonymously.
- Don’t visit our website at all.
Controlling and deleting cookies If you prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer you can use your browser to reject them. You can also delete any cookies already stored on your computer. More information about cookies and how to control and delete them can be found at www.aboutcookies.org.
What we do with the information we collect
Any anonymous information is used to help us improve our website.
Any personal details you provide will not be stored on the TCT website but will be stored remotely and not accessible via the Internet. It may be used by us:
- to process and reply to your request for information
- to keep in touch with you by email or post where requested. You may opt-out or alter your preferences at any time.
- The information we collect from our website is for the use of TCT only, unless stated otherwise. We will never pass your personal information to a third party without your consent, except when obliged to do so by law.
Online Donations to TCT may be handled through the following secure websites:
Accessing your personal information
Requesting a link to or from our website
Links to external websites from this site
The Colinton Tunnel is not responsible for the content or policies of external websites we link to.
The inclusion of a link to an external website from the FPA website is not an endorsement of that website, the site's owners or their products/services.